January 17, 2009

DELAYS, DELAYS, NOTHING BUT DELAYS


We are still in Bellingham. We have been at the airport now since 1:30pm. Our flight has now been delayed 3 times. Our new departure time has been scheduled for 6:40pm tonight. We just heard a rumor that the flight could still be canceled due to weather. Hopefully it is just a rumor!



I feel pretty bad for the folks that are having their holidays delayed by all this - especially the ones that were planning on having a weekend get-away! I feel somewhat responsible as I have decided that these delays are part of my Trust journey. lol. I'm thinking that I should have a t-shirt made that reads;
"I am on a Trust Journey...Beware if you are in close proximity to me!"

Ha ha. Very funny. Not! The fun of this has long since worn off. Truth be told, I am grumpy and totally exhausted.

Despite having the most luxurious bed to sleep in last night, I only got a grand total of 3 hours sleep. I was kept awake by really bad night sweats. The kind of night sweats that are so extreme that by the time I have toweled off, I am already dripping wet again. I had to change my pajama shirt at 3 am and my sweats were so severe that it was still soaking wet at 9am this morning. The night sweats are caused by my Babesia infection. I think that they have been exacerbated by the IV Zithromax. Zithromax is a key abx defensive for Babesia. Yuck.

So here I sit and wait and sit and wait, and sit and wait.
Delays, delays, nothing but delays.
I have decided I need to be done with my grumpiness.
After all, it could be a lot worse than it is.

Thankfully, our hotel graciously extended our check out time today.

Thankfully, I am not super sick.
Thankfully, our kids are not with us.
Thankfully, we still have 40 hours before we need to be at DR H's office.
Thankfully, the airport lobby has free internet access.

Hopefully the next time I blog it will be from SF.

Thank you for your prayers.
Don't stop.
Don't ever stop!


No comments: